Re: Comment style docstrings

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: Comment style docstrings
Date: 07 Apr 2001 22:30:01 +0100

    Michael> duh.  I don't mean the documentation, just the
    Michael> codebase/features.  the docs are making *very* impressive
    Michael> progress!

Yes, I think so too (not just because of me, BTW - several people have
contributed to this).  But I also think that we've made recently or
are on the point of making a lot of progress on other features too;
for example

- integration of GOOPS into Guile core

- cleanups to eval and the module system

- VM/compiler/Lightning work for improving performance

- discussions on evolving the module system

- greedy and sharing guardians

- important bugfixes, e.g. the handling of top level subforms of
  `begin'

- lots of codebase cleanups, which I think have long term benefit that
  makes them well worthwhile

- setting up the Guile projects list.

OK, I agree that some (a lot?) of this hasn't quite crystallized yet,
but that (except for the module system, which doesn't really feel any
closer than this time last year) is the nature of work in progress.

Best wishes,
        Neil