Re: Comment style docstrings

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: Comment style docstrings
Date: 07 Apr 2001 11:53:07 +0100

    Keisuke> At 07 Apr 2001 02:25:11 +0300,
    Keisuke> Michael Livshin wrote:
    >>  > 2. Scheme files are going to use a comment style.
    >>
    >> is that a fact?

    Keisuke> Is not?  Anyway, I'd prefer a comment style, at least in
    Keisuke> C.

Although I did propose a comment-based format for Scheme files,
nothing is yet decided, and nothing has been changed in Guile core to
implement this.  Personally, I have been more-or-less persuaded by
Michael's arguments in favour of the

  (define (blah foo)
    "Docstring goes here."
    ...)

format.

I'm afraid I don't have the bandwidth to implement anything here yet,
or even to spend much time completing the discussion.

Regards,
        Neil