Re: Comment style docstrings

From: Ariel Rios
Subject: Re: Comment style docstrings
Date: 08 Apr 2001 20:52:16 -0400

On 08 Apr 2001 21:06:43 -0500, Rob Browning wrote:
> Michael Livshin <address@hidden> writes:

> For example, since I think having stable releases more often and
> sub-point releases incorporating bug fixes is *very* important, I'm
> going to try and make sure that happens, starting soon.  Brace
> yourself for 1.6.0, and if possible, better communication with the OS
> distributions -- I'd like to help make sure that the version of guile
> they ship is as recent as possible,
That's a most. guile 1.4 was released almost a year ago and 1.3.4
released on October 1999, I guess
that's a long time for a project of guile's dimension.
A lot of people (out of the Guile community) are not aware of the
changes in CVS, so to them guile seems dead.
On the OS front we all have been doing wrong things. We should find
a way, as you said to push OS distros to use the most recent version of
guile.
We should start making more noise outside the Guile community.

ariel