grub-devel

Re: grub-pe2elf

From: Christian Franke
Subject: Re: grub-pe2elf
Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2009 17:06:46 +0200

Robert Millan wrote:
On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 08:27:58PM +0200, Christian Franke wrote:
First of all, I'm worried that we have discussions to decide things and they
are later forgotten or ignored.  Bean, please can you provide some explanation
on what happened?

Also, I think this commit should be reverted (at least the part that adds
grub-pe2elf).
I would regret this. Then you could also revert all my Cygwin related additions (some also included in Bean's r1726) because these no longer make much sense unless someone fixes BFD or maintains a ELF toolchain for Cygwin.

But we supported Cygwin before grub-pe2elf.  What has changed?

Since ~r1584, util/grub-* could be build and run on Cygwin. Commit r1726 added support to build kernel and modules on Cygwin.

--
Regards,
Christian Franke