grub-devel

Re: grub-pe2elf

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: grub-pe2elf
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 00:39:45 +0200

On Tue, Aug 04, 2009 at 11:45:45PM +0200, Christian Franke wrote:

> I'm somewhat worried that these complaints are delayed by more than a year

I noticed by chance.  We were talking about something else on IRC, when
Bean mentioned that objcopy has bug when converting from PE to ELF.  Later
he pointed at the thread in which this was discussed.

We can't expect _anyone_ to be continously watching every commit and checking
the corresponding discussions related to it that happened in the few months
that precede the commit.  If someone had to do that, that person wouldn't
have time to do anything else.

--
Robert Millan