grub-devel

Re: grub-pe2elf

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: grub-pe2elf
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 16:29:18 -0400

On Mon, 2009-08-03 at 11:53 +0200, Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko wrote:

> I personally think this is a hassle for nothing: we already have a
> working cygwin toolchain. While I acknowledge it's not perfect it
> works. And I propose not to touch it until it gives any maintainance
> or technical problem. When it does then we may consider dropping or
> limiting cygwin support. Until then this discussion is a waste of time
> (IMO)

I agree that there is no urgent need to remove grub-pe2elf (although the
issue might come up essentially).  However, it's not so much a technical
problem as an issue of trust.

Committing code against the wish of maintainers should not be permitted.
Those who do it should lose commit access.  They are welcome to
contribute, but their patches will need to be committed by others.

I haven't seen any apology or explanation in this thread.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin