Re: PDF reader for Groff output

From: Damian McGuckin
Subject: Re: PDF reader for Groff output
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2022 21:08:02 +1000 (AEST)

Hi Branden,

On Sat, 9 Jul 2022, G. Branden Robinson wrote:

The source code is:

.ps 12
.vs 14
.nf
.EQ
p ~ = ~ q times sqrt { ( 1 + ~ (x / (q * q) ) }
.EN

The output on Windows with Acrobat had a long tail to the square root
sign over the top of the whole expression.

It appears from the page header that you're formatting with mm(7), but
that doesn't seem have any unexpected consequences in my experiments.

Yes. But I removed usage of those macros in case it was affecting things.

You might first see if this PostScript file behaves differently; then,
format my "grout" file with grops and check the result.

I will try that.

I the meantime, I embedded the font in the PDF the problem goes away. But that does not really fix the problem because I prefer that the PDF which I create is the same as what I would display on a Windows box and when I can
(and will) send to a printer.

Thanks - Damian

Pacific Engineering Systems International, 277-279 Broadway, Glebe NSW 2037
Ph:+61-2-8571-0847 .. Fx:+61-2-9692-9623 | unsolicited email not wanted here
Views & opinions here are mine and not those of any past or present employer