Pdfmom does not depend on Makefile

From: Axel Kielhorn
Subject: Pdfmom does not depend on Makefile
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2022 13:09:40 +0200

I used to build groff with a toolchain from Macports.

Therefore I had perl at:

#!/opt/local/bin/perl -w

After cleaning my system I now use the system version of Perl at:

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

This has resulted in the correct version in the Makefile:

PERL = /usr/bin/perl
PERL_VERSION = 5.30.2

Since pdfmom does not depend on Makefile, this change isn’t picked up.

pdfmom: $(gropdf_dir)/pdfmom.pl $(SH_DEPS_SED_SCRIPT)
        $(AM_V_GEN)$(RM) $@ \
        && sed -f $(SH_DEPS_SED_SCRIPT) \
               -e "s|[@]VERSION[@]|$(VERSION)|" \
               -e "s|[@]RT_SEP[@]|$(RT_SEP)|" \
               -e "s|[@]PERL[@]|$(PERL)|" $(gropdf_dir)/pdfmom.pl \
               >$@ \
        && chmod +x $@

This affects other programs as well, but with pdfmom it leads to a build error.

Of course this isn’t really a bug, I should have typed
make clean
first.

After that groff builds fin on MacOS 11.

Greeting
Axel