Re: Sed failure in contrib/sboxes on MacOS

From: James K. Lowden
Subject: Re: Sed failure in contrib/sboxes on MacOS
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2021 12:08:08 -0400

On Wed, 27 Oct 2021 18:11:36 +1100
"G. Branden Robinson" <g.branden.robinson@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks for the explanation.

> There are multiple competing implementations of all of these except
> Perl (which competes mostly with its own release history).

Heh.

I have occassionally been bitten by mawk/gawk differences.  One ISTR
had to do with whether

        /[\]/

had instead to be

        /[\\]/

I once complained to the NetBSD developers that the base system seemed
to have a few different regex implementations.  I was then informed the
actual count was, at the time, 17.  I suppose that's an example of
competing with your own release.

--jkl