Re: [Groff] Overview, Sept. 2014

From: Dave Kemper
Subject: Re: [Groff] Overview, Sept. 2014
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 10:56:55 -0500

On 9/9/14, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Out of that discussion came Doug's excellent suggestion for a new
>> primitive, '.decor' or similarly named, that's extensible so various
>> kinds of decoration can be applied to text, not just underlining
>> (which, IMO, groff seriously needs).  [...]
>
> Such suggestions or feature requests should be added to the bug
> tracker.

I'm willing to add this--I've already created several feature-request
tracking bugs--but as it's Doug's brainchild, he should have first
crack at it.

>> On a similar note, Ulrich Lautner stepped forward to take on
>> implementing a modified version of Knuth-Plass.  [...]
>
> Ditto.

This is one of the feature requests I've previously added to the
tracker: https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?40716

And I, too, hope Ulrich continues to work on integrating his prototype
into the groff code base.