Re: [Groff] Overview, Sept. 2014

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] Overview, Sept. 2014
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 12:16:06 +0200 (CEST)

> you may be right about setter()/getter() usage;

He is definitely right! :-)

> other modifications would really improve readability and
> maintainability:
>         - capitalization of class names
>         - a naming convention for class member variables

Mhmm, this is much work, and I don't see immediate benefits.  IMHO,
groff's C++ code is quite clear, and I ask you to show an example
where `readability and maintainability' could be *really* improved by
using uppercased stuff – I need more than a `we have learnt that in
school' to be convinced.  Additionally, `git blame' would become much
more inconvenient to use.

>         - reducing the number of global variables

Why?  Again, please provide an example that could benefit.

>         - for each class a block of comments explaining what the
>           class is all about

*This* is the most important thing!  Here I fully agree with you.