Re: [Groff] groff's license file COPYING

From: Bernd Warken
Subject: Re: [Groff] groff's license file COPYING
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 11:41:07 +0100

On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 08:54:45PM +0100, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> A nice idea.  Another thing is that I don't want to modify `COPYING'
> at all to make it identical to the `COPYING' files in all other GNU
> packages.  Bernd, can you prepare such a `LICENSE' file?

The following is a proposal for such a LICENSE file.

### start of LICENSE
LICENSE

The groff program is a free software project.  All files of the groff
source package are licensed under the GNU Public General License
(GPL), the major GNU copyleft license.

The file COPYING in the top directory of the groff source package
contains a copy of the GPL that was downloaded from the GNU web site
http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.txt at 1 dec 2003.

All files of the groff source package are licensed under this version
of the GPL.  According to the GPL, you are also free to choose any
later version of the GPL.

The GPL names an address where you can get the actual version by
normal post.  Further information is found in the internet at
http://www.gnu.org/copyleft.
### end of LICENSE

Bernd Warken