Re: [Groff] groff's license file COPYING

From: Alejandro López-Valencia
Subject: Re: [Groff] groff's license file COPYING
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 07:10:56 -0500

On Monday, December 01, 2003 5:21 PM [GMT-5],
Bernd Warken <address@hidden> wrote:

[swoosh]

> This would allow to use a shorter license text in many files of
the
> groff source package by referring to the COPYING file.  This could
be
> done in the source files that will not installed such as the
README
> files, the files written in C, etc.

Such text should go rather in a different file, say, LICENCE.
Discovering that the licensing terms are in a file called COPYING
can be a strenous mental effort for many people (I talk from
personal experience). A file called LICENSE is a no-brainer.