Re: [Groff] Re: IPA font problem (was Resource Forks in OSX)

From: Alejandro López-Valencia
Subject: Re: [Groff] Re: IPA font problem (was Resource Forks in OSX)
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 23:02:52 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: Rob Scovell
To: Alejandro López-Valencia
Cc: groff list
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2002 9:33 PM

> Do you know how pfaedit compares with fontographer?

I'd say that it is already ahead of the curve. It still lacks an outline
simplification algorithm similar to Fontographer's as far as the last
version I fiddled with several months ago, but PFAedit is in constant
change. In general, it is more capable and sticks very closely to the
Type 1 and the CFF font specs. You can expect your Postscript fonts (be
it Type 1, CID, or OTF/CFF) to be clean and work everywhere; and the
hinting algorithms are quite decent. It still has problems with Truetype
fonts but it may not be for long (perhaps not anymore).