Re: [Groff] Re: IPA font problem (was Resource Forks in OSX)

From: Alejandro López-Valencia
Subject: Re: [Groff] Re: IPA font problem (was Resource Forks in OSX)
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 20:19:39 -0500

Rob Scovell wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 11, 2002, at 10:53  AM, Alejandro
> López-Valencia wrote:
>
>> BTW, if you feel the outline file might be the problem, you have a
>> choice of applicatons to recover the LWFN font into a PFA: (1) T1
>> Utils'
>>

> Here's a chunk from the pfa. Does it look OK? I created it by
> extracting the resource fork of the font file:

> I got rid of some weird stuff above the line that says:

Ahh the magic binary signature. You don't need that for ASCII based PS
fonts, you are fine.

> %!PS-AdobeFont-1.0: Times-PhoneticAlternate 001.001
>
> Here is the sample chunk:

Everything looks good to me.

> /Encoding 256 array
> 0 1 255 {1 index exch /.notdef put} for
> dup 32 /space put
> dup 34 /lowrising put
> dup 35 /umlaut put
> dup 36 /macron put
> dup 37 /breve put

You are cool. It even has the correct encoding dictionary definition,
which shows it wasn't created by Fontographer. You can be sure it won't
blow chunks out of your postscript printer nor give problems with PDF
font subsetting. (Fontographer generated PS font code is... I have in
mind some four letter words). I've had to edit FOG generated fonts by
hand to make them subset with DVIPS and sometimes with Ghostscript, it
ian't fun.