Re: [Groff] additions to autoconf files

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] additions to autoconf files
Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2002 00:06:25 +0200 (CEST)

> My original intent was to make gxditview being installed by default
> as was planned some weeks ago.  My strategy was to write a
> Makefile.sub in the src/roff/xditview directory.  The Imakefile
> would partially go into Makefile.sub and in the autoconf files.

This is not as easy as it may appear at first sight.  Reason is mainly
that the current make process can only handle a single target in a
subdirectory, but xditview has two: xditview itself and xtotroff.  To
handle this gracefully, the common files have to be moved to a new
directory

  src/libs/libx11/

(give it a better name) and the xtotroff stuff into a new directory

  src/utils/xtotroff

> My time and energy is very short, so could someone else please do
> the gxditview integration?

Will do that after the next release.  Taking the time I needed to
integrate the doc subdir into the make hierarchy as a comparison, it
will last longer than a week :-(  I'm really sloooow.