Re: [Groff] additions to autoconf files

From: Bernd Warken
Subject: Re: [Groff] additions to autoconf files
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 20:32:07 +0200

On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 01:43:06PM +0200, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> > > Or that they had X11 but not X11/Xaw/Dialog.h?
> >
> > No one complained so far because gxditview is neither compiled nor
> > installed so far.  In order to get this running, the tests are
> > mandatory.
>
> I think we should trust autoconf -- it provides a macro to test for
> X11.  Note that finding the right location of the X11 tree is very
> tricky.  IIRC, using the X11 tests of autoconf increases the size of
> the configure script by about 30kByte...

To end this unlucky discussion.  My original intent was to make
gxditview being installed by default as was planned some weeks ago.
My strategy was to write a Makefile.sub in the src/roff/xditview
directory.  The Imakefile would partially go into Makefile.sub and
in the autoconf files.

My time and energy is very short, so could someone else please do the
gxditview integration?

The coming version of groffer can use gxditview, but I changed it to
not rely on it.

I'm glad to help if it is necessary, but I do not want to fight about
trivial stuff.

Bernd Warken