Re: [Groff] additions to autoconf files

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] additions to autoconf files
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 09:21:44 +0200 (CEST)

> 2) GNU C++ provides many extensions that are not available in all
> compilers.  For example, `aclocal.m4' provides already a test for C
> type `long long'.
>
> But the types `long double' and `bool' are not tested so far.

`long double' isn't used in groff.  Currently, I can't imagine a
situation where it is needed.

> The following are basic test for these types, modelled after the
> `long long' test.  They should be refined later on.

The refinement is quite simple.  The recent autoconf 2.52 (2.53 is
broken w.r.t. groff since it doesn't define abs_top_builddir properly)
has the macro AC_CHECK_TYPES which does the dirty work for you:

  AC_CHECK_TYPES([bool])

  #ifndef HAVE_BOOL

Contrary to the `unsigned long long' test, `bool' doesn't need a
validation test.

Patches are welcome.