RE: [Groff] troff(1) and info

From: Ted Harding
Subject: RE: [Groff] troff(1) and info
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2001 10:06:14 -0000 (GMT)

On 31-Oct-01 Bernd Warken wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 31, 2001 at 08:52:01PM -0000, Ted Harding wrote:
>> (By the way, I hate "info" and never use it ... ).
>>
> Everywhere it is written that the info file is the holy book, so
> you are a heretic ;-)

I have no objection to "holy books" -- what makes them holy
is what is written therein.

My distaste is for the ritual gestures which the faithful
are obliged to execute, in order to gain sight of the texts.

I attribute this to the hard disciplinary regime of the
Grand Muftis of Info.

By the way: strictly speaking, is an adherent of an anciently
pre-existing sect a heretic? Only in the eyes of the new one,
I think. Ancient fundamentalists have a better right to call
the new ones heretics ...

Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <address@hidden>
Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 167 1972