Re: [Groff] troff(1) and info

From: Ted Harding
Subject: Re: [Groff] troff(1) and info
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2001 23:45:00 -0000 (GMT)

On 01-Nov-01 Werner LEMBERG wrote:

>> I have no objection to "holy books" -- what makes them holy
>> is what is written therein.
>>
>> My distaste is for the ritual gestures which the faithful
>> are obliged to execute, in order to gain sight of the texts.
>
> Remember the first commandment, and replace the word `god' with
> `info'.

We all know that the meaning of GNU is defined by "GNU is Not Unix".

Well, not quite. Any valid recursive definition needs an escape
door which will finally be encoutnered.

It is clear that exit from the recursion would be possible if,
finally, it could be determined what "G" stands for. So far,
I have never guessed it. Now, finally, I think I know.

Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <address@hidden>
Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 167 1972
Date: 01-Nov-01                                       Time: 23:45:00