Re: [Groff] Re: GROFF

From: Bernd Salbrechter
Subject: Re: [Groff] Re: GROFF
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 00:30:59 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 22 Sep 2000 02:56:44 +0200 (CEST) Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

> > Here, in Brazil, and i think, 1/2 of the world ;) need the mirrored
> > version of PostScript, because, without this. We have to pay a lot of
> > monney, to print the books.
>
> I still don't understand.  Can you please give more details?

Maybe what he need is a way to print it out in a way that if you can read
it from the backside of the sheet (using a clear foil instade of
paper). For Printed Circiut Board layout you need this kind of output
regulary, for text it's not so common, but I can see the reason for it.

Anyway this can done by scaling and translation in the PostScript
output. Would be an other usefull "pstool", sorry "pstops" didn't work
for that.

> > i18n all c/cc files, to translate the error messages, and program
> > messages.
>
> Introducing gettext support might be a nice idea indeed.

If this is added, it would make sens to have a way to access with
troff request also, to make the macro packages i18n. I.e. to print
"Inhatltsverzeichnis" for "Table of Contence".

Question: can a part of the string namespace be reserved for
that. I.e. reserve "\*[nls.catalog.set.msg]" to get value a nls message
(sorry I don't know gettext enough for giving an example with that tool).

Bernd