Re: [Groff] Re: GROFF

From: Stewart C. Russell
Subject: Re: [Groff] Re: GROFF
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 10:44:31 +0100

> Not that I'm clear what relevance it would have but that's
> the best meaning I can attach to `mirrored'.

As one who's had a little experience in having print work done in
Brazil, I suspect that Ricardo is wanting to feed a filmsetter. These
(sometimes -- depending on whether you use emulsion-side-up or
emulsion-side-down film) need PS that is mirrored horizontally.

This is trivially done, and I'm not sure it warrants a whole new
prologue-handling mechanism. For A4, all you need do in the page setup
is:

-1 1 scale
595 neg 0 translate

(A4 paper is 595 units wide)

This is what awk is for. I don't know of any package that generates
mirrored PS, since it's so utterly trivial to do.

 Stewart