Re: [Groff] Re: GROFF

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] Re: GROFF
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 17:15:11 +0100

Hi Ricardo,

> > This is trivially done, and I'm not sure it warrants a whole new
> > prologue-handling mechanism. For A4, all you need do in the page
> > setup is:

> ;( i still don't know awk, right now, i am working with perl, soon, i
> will learn awk.

awk is easier than perl.  As Stewart pointed out a simple

    -1 1 scale
    595 neg 0 translate

will do.  This works if inserted at the beginning of the definition of
BP in the PostScript.  An awk command to do this is

    awk '{print} /^\/BP{/ { print "-1 1 scale 595 neg 0 translate" }' \
        <file.ps >mirror.ps

Ralph.