Re: [Groff] Re: GROFF

From: Ricardo
Subject: Re: [Groff] Re: GROFF
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 09:16:14 -0300

Bernd Salbrechter wrote:

> If this is added, it would make sens to have a way to access with
> troff request also, to make the macro packages i18n. I.e. to print
> "Inhatltsverzeichnis" for "Table of Contence".
>
> Question: can a part of the string namespace be reserved for
> that. I.e. reserve "\*[nls.catalog.set.msg]" to get value a nls message
> (sorry I don't know gettext enough for giving an example with that tool).

Yes. I use some nls macros in my work. in the moment that i call groff,
i pass my "generic" macro, and my "nls" macro (tmac.pt_BR or tmac.es_ES
or tmac.fr...).

I am using this, because we print books in several languages, at same
time (usualy pt_Br en_US and es_ES).

This can be done, with one single package, and one ".ds NLS pt_BR" in
the first line of troff document.

and the package like this:

if "\*[NLS]"pt_BR" {\
.ds TOC Sumário