Re: [Groff] Re: grn problems with xditview

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] Re: grn problems with xditview
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 07:29:36 GMT

> Incidentally, I also checked this upgraded code with xditpsview and
> although it looks good in terms of the line thickness, the position
> of the whole figure is different from what the 'ps' output is.
> Check it out.

Indeed, it is incorrectly positioned.  I strongly believe that it is
possible to remove the dependency on `res' completely (which is the
culprit, I think) -- I don't know exactly how a gremlin graphics file
must look like (BTW, it might me a good idea to add a section to
grn.man, documenting the format), but I can imagine that
device-independent code for groff solves this problem also.

In case you do some work towards this direction, please send patches
relative to groff's grn version.