Re: [Groff] Groff 1.12.1 binary rpms?

From: Eddie Maddox
Subject: Re: [Groff] Groff 1.12.1 binary rpms?
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 1999 10:02:37 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 25 Dec 1999, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> Change to the directory where groff's configure script resides, then
> do, for example
>
>   zcat /usr/man/man1/man.1.gz | ./test-groff -t -mandoc -Tlatin1 | less

Works.

But, to make sure it was Groff 1.13:
- copied test-groff to test-ver
- edited last line of test-ver, "exec ...", to ".../groff -v"
- ./test-ver  --> GNU troff version 1.13
Great!

I removed the ~/bin/bin dir made by "make install".
./test-groff still worked. Then piped ~/bin/man/man1/grohtml.1 to it.
Worked.

Lesson: no need to run "make". Please read top line of test-groff.

Does this mean the .tar.gz includes binaries already?

Important!!!:
Where is the documentation on the HTML macro set?
.../doc/meintro.me and meref.me exit (and I've used them in recent years)
but I can't find any user docs on the brand new HTML macros.

I want to start porting groff.ffii.org to the new Groff HTML support,
but I need some user doc. as will all others.

Thanks.

Eddie Maddox
address@hidden