Re: [Groff] Groff 1.12.1 binary rpms?

From: Eddie Maddox
Subject: Re: [Groff] Groff 1.12.1 binary rpms?
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 1999 05:57:57 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 26 Dec 1999, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> > Lesson: no need to run "make". Please read top line of test-groff.
>
> But this is not the global solution if a system administrator installs
> groff for an OS...

My follow up correction addressed this.

> > Where is the documentation on the HTML macro set?
> > .../doc/meintro.me and meref.me exit (and I've used them in recent
> > years) but I can't find any user docs on the brand new HTML macros.
>
> Not yet written :-( I'm quite sure that Gaius concentrates on the code
> and will then write some docs.  You must be the brave soldier wading
> through undocumented code, crossing new barriers :-)

Tried scanning thru some C files. Found printer stuff and all, but nothing
I could use for gleaning what the actual new Groff HTML commands are that
we embed in our text.

1. Please tell me how to view the docs already in the Groff distros.
   (.../tmac/* especially)
2. Compile a quick list, with needed notes, of the Groff HTML additions.
3. Maybe with that I can compile a real Groff HTML manual.

I am Anxious to get to work, but I need Something to go by for the HTML
extensions. Something. You Can't expect me to read Gaius' mind, or code.
Get real. Get me some doc of some kind to get started with. I'll polish it
up, and make a tutorial.

Let's get Moving!

Eddie Maddox
address@hidden