gpsd-users

Re: [Question] gpsd, ntrip & C94-M8P (u-Blox)

From: Florian Kiera
Subject: Re: [Question] gpsd, ntrip & C94-M8P (u-Blox)
Date: Fri, 15 May 2020 11:21:16 +0200

Hey Gary!

Am 14.05.20 um 19:07 schrieb Gary E. Miller:
Yo Florian!

On Thu, 14 May 2020 09:27:33 +0200
Florian Kiera <address@hidden> wrote:

RTCM3 messages have been turned off and protocol out has been
modified, as well as the dynModel
Yes, why/how did you do that?
Ubxtool -p STATUS -p CONFIG -P 20.30
That reads, not writes.  So not possible that turned off anything.
Obviously it does write over the protocol out (UBX-CFG-PRT). I will send another console output. (attachment) It even proofs that ubxtool got 2 different config outputs ("although its only pulling"). I cannot tell (simply don't know) what else could cause it. All I am certain of AND which I can proof is that ubxtool changed the protocol out from RTCM3 to UBX (check UBX-CFG-PRT).
Sadly (which is actually good) dynModel didn't changed here.
I can't comment on messes you make without seeing how you did it.
Just ran "ubxtool -p STATUS -p CONFIG -P 20.30"... Since its hard to
believe I will send just a quick summary of my console log.
Summaries are not useful.  My mind reading and remote devination is
not strong enough.  Full output, or do not bother.

I don't know what you are up to here. I sent the console log of all what I did. Thats what made me believe ubxtool did not what it supposed to do there (ubxtool_does_something.txt).

ubxtool aside and thinking of dynModel and RTCM3 messages beeing given out back to my actual question: My base sends RTCM3 messages and gpsd on the rover end is receiving them and provides them to my M8P (rover side). How is it not changing to RTK Float/Fix but to DGPS if all that is needed for RTK status are RTCM3 messages?

Regards Florian