gpsd-users

Re: [Question] gpsd, ntrip & C94-M8P (u-Blox)

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [Question] gpsd, ntrip & C94-M8P (u-Blox)
Date: Thu, 14 May 2020 10:07:50 -0700

Yo Florian!

On Thu, 14 May 2020 09:27:33 +0200
Florian Kiera <address@hidden> wrote:

> >> Everything got wiped :/
> > Yup.  How did you do that?
> I don't know how. :/ It gave out RTCM3 messages (gpspipe -w) until I
> used the ubxtool

Then start all over.  Reset your receiver to factory defaults, then
write a script to do you config one item at a time.

No one can't fix what you forgot you did.

> >> As described below, I just used "gpsd -n /dev/ttyACM0" to get a
> >> running gpsd and than used the ubxtool command "ubxtool -p STATUS
> >> -p CONFIG -P 20.30".
> > Yes, but what did you do before that to enable RTCM3 out from the
> > base and start the survey-in?
> Used u-center to configure UBX-CFG-PRT and UBX-CFG-TM3 to RTCM3 out
> and survey-in. Types of RTCM3 messages that are needed were
> configured on UBX-CFG-MSG (1005, 1077, 1087, 1230)

As I've said before: I don't run windows, so I can't run u-center.

If you do not want to configure with ubxtool, then you are on your own.

> >> RTCM3 messages have been turned off and protocol out has been
> >> modified, as well as the dynModel
> > Yes, why/how did you do that?
> Ubxtool -p STATUS -p CONFIG -P 20.30

That reads, not writes.  So not possible that turned off anything.

> >> All this appeared after using "ubxtool -p STATUS -p CONFIG -P
> >> 20.30"
> > No, that is when you discovered it.
> I haven't changed anything... neither with u-center nor with the
> ubxtool itself (which I don't even know how to use properly to setup
> configurations).
> All I did was setting up gpsd to connect to the port and use ubxtool
> status/config output.

I can't help you if you do not use ubxtool.

> >> since even parsing it with grep
> >> ended up in a huge mess
> > I can't comment on messes you make without seeing how you did it.
> Just ran "ubxtool -p STATUS -p CONFIG -P 20.30"... Since its hard to
> believe I will send just a quick summary of my console log.

Summaries are not useful.  My mind reading and remote devination is
not strong enough.  Full output, or do not bother.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588