gpsd-users

Re: [Question] gpsd, ntrip & C94-M8P (u-Blox)

From: Florian Kiera
Subject: Re: [Question] gpsd, ntrip & C94-M8P (u-Blox)
Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 15:11:28 +0200

Hey Gary!

Am 04.05.20 um 22:37 schrieb Gary E. Miller:
I run one I found as open source, retig.eu/rtk/ (source of information
to ntrip) and https://github.com/thpe/ntripcaster (the caster).
Thanks.  I'll try it.

No updates since 2014, except one link change in 2016.

It throws a ton of warnings...
Still seems like a possible work-around for a free caster. At least I haven't experienced anything bad so far from it.
I don't see the GGA thing that is blocking gpsd on a lot of casters...

Sounds good?

I've got another question regarding the u-blox M8P:

The rover's green LED is flashing which the user guide is saying to mean the M8P is in RTK Float mode (status). I am using gpsd to receive all informations from the rover and check the gps_data_t => status (github: gps_fix_t.status). The status returns me a 2 (DGPS). How is that? Is it because my base has a too less accuracy for RTK? (20m accuracy) If so could you please tell me what accuracy of the base I should seek for? (What accuracy is needed for RTK?)

My target is to get the status 3 (RTK float) from the rover. My assumption is that my base isn't accurate enough. You've got other ideas that could improve it?

Regards, Florian