gpsd-users

Re: [Question] gpsd, ntrip & C94-M8P (u-Blox)

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [Question] gpsd, ntrip & C94-M8P (u-Blox)
Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 11:49:00 -0700

Yo Florian!

On Mon, 11 May 2020 15:11:28 +0200
Florian Kiera <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hey Gary!
>
> Am 04.05.20 um 22:37 schrieb Gary E. Miller:
> >> I run one I found as open source, retig.eu/rtk/ (source of
> >> information to ntrip) and https://github.com/thpe/ntripcaster (the
> >> caster).
> > Thanks.  I'll try it.
> >
> > No updates since 2014, except one link change in 2016.
> >
> > It throws a ton of warnings...
> Still seems like a possible work-around for a free caster. At least I
> haven't experienced anything bad so far from it.

Best so far.

> > I don't see the GGA thing that is blocking gpsd on a lot of
> > casters...
>
> Sounds good?

Not good.  The GGA thing is bad.

> I've got another question regarding the u-blox M8P:
>
> The rover's green LED is flashing which the user guide is saying to
> mean the M8P is in RTK Float mode (status).

No u-blox has any LED's.  So this must be related to the unspecfied
board your u-blox is on.

No way for us to understand without seeing your board doc.

> I am using gpsd to receive all informations from the rover and check
> the gps_data_t => status (github: gps_fix_t.status).

No one receives all the informamtion.

> The status returns me a 2 (DGPS). How is that? Is it because my base
> has a too less accuracy for RTK? (20m accuracy)

Last time you sent your config you had your base and rover configurations
wrong and I explained partly what was wrong.  Did you fix that?

Instead of me guessing if you fixed it, send us the output of this so we
can see:

        ubxtool -p STATUS -p CONFIG -P XX

Replace XX with your firmat version.  It is probably 17, 18 or similar.

> If so could you please tell me what accuracy of the base I should
> seek for? (What accuracy is needed for RTK?)

If the base is reporting surveyed in, then you are good.  No way to know if
that is a good as you need, but sufficient for RTK.

> My target is to get the status 3 (RTK float) from the rover. My
> assumption is that my base isn't accurate enough.

Wrong assumption.

> You've got other
> ideas that could improve it?

As in previous emails.  Awaiting confirmation you fixed things as
previously recommended.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588