gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Is GPSD receiving PPS?

From: Bo Berglund
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Is GPSD receiving PPS?
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2016 20:36:47 +0100

On Mon, 7 Mar 2016 11:03:46 -0800, "Gary E. Miller" <address@hidden>
wrote:

>> Does this mean that I should uninstall gpsd using apt-get before I run
>> scons && scons check && sudo scons udev-install
>
>YES!  Otherwise you get two different versions of gpsd installed and you
>will confuse yourself and the system.

I installed gpsd using this command:
sudo apt-get install gpsd gpsd-clients python-gps

So I got more than gpsd...

Question: Do I neeed to do
sudo apt-get remove gpsd gpsd-clients python-gps

Or should I just do:
sudo apt-get remove gpsd

I don't know if the clients are part of the downloaded source for 3.16
and will get installed using scons...

Plus, I modified /etc/default/gpsd, will that file remain after a
remove?

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden