gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Is GPSD receiving PPS?

From: Jon Brase
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Is GPSD receiving PPS?
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2016 15:18:47 -0600

On Fri, 04 Mar 2016 13:04:24 -0600, Gary E. Miller <address@hidden> wrote:

I see you are right, it is not in the gpsd doc.  Improvements to the
documentation are always welcome.  Can you suggest improvements to the
RasPi part of the INSTALL doc?

Well, as far as diagnosed, most of what I've run into has been issues with the configuration of the Raspbian GPSD package and systemd braindeadness. Pointers on resolving that, or installing an alternate init, might be useful. I do notice that the INSTALL doc recommends compiling from source due to some issues with the GPSD package in Wheezy. Could you be more specific about the nature of these issues and say whether they're still an issue in Jessie? I've been using the binary package, but every issue I've run into and managed to diagnose so far has related to systemd-related misconfigurations rather than anything that seems like it might be resolved by different binaries.

--
Jon Brase