gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Is GPSD receiving PPS?

From: Bo Berglund
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Is GPSD receiving PPS?
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2016 18:59:56 +0100

On Mon, 7 Mar 2016 09:38:54 -0800, "Gary E. Miller" <address@hidden>
wrote:

>Yo Bo!
>
>To summarize gpsd build.txt:
>
>       tar -xvzf gpsd-3.16.tsr.bz
Done, except using release-3.16.tar.gz, but in the GUI so the switches
were probably added automatically
Here is where I started reading build.txt...

>       cd gpsd
>       scons && scons check && sudo scons udev-install
>
>That should be all you need to do, the rest of build.txt is for when
>something is missing.

Regarding source versus binary:
When I build for example freepascal and lazarus from sources on a
fresh system I have always to first do an apt-get install on a number
of dependencies. If I don't then the build will fail.
So that is why I assumed that these dependencies were also required
for gpsd if I build from sources...

Does this mean that I should uninstall gpsd using apt-get before I run
scons && scons check && sudo scons udev-install

The final udev-install feels like it will put stuff someplace where
apt-get might already have used...

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden