gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Is GPSD receiving PPS?

From: Bo Berglund
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Is GPSD receiving PPS?
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2016 00:36:25 +0100

On Mon, 7 Mar 2016 14:30:50 -0800, "Gary E. Miller" <address@hidden>
wrote:

>> I just wanted to chime in that the challenges are not hardware
>> platform issues - they are related to the Linux distribution for the
>> Raspberry Pi that Bo is using, which is a little slow to update…

>Agreed.  Initially.  But the thread now shows how build.txt needs to be
>updated to handle people with only an intro skill set.  I already
>added a bit to that file, but when Bo is done, more will need to be done.

I got it compiled and running now (manually started).
Need to go over the systemd stuff again (I did that on the apt-get
version, which is now removed) so that the service will start working
again.
Maybe I should symlink from the deposited files in /usr/local/bin/ to
/usr/bin or wherever it was put by apt-get?

And another thing (I have not checked the build.txt file on this yet):
After apt-get remove all man entries also vanished so I need to find
out how these can be reinstated.

But now it is midnight over here so it will be for another day.

Thanks for your patience and support!

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden