gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Get fix mode with disconnect antenna

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Get fix mode with disconnect antenna
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 12:34:34 -0800

Yo Tomalak!

On Mon, 18 Nov 2013 20:27:57 +0000
"Tomalak Geret'kal" <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 18/11/2013 19:45, Gary E. Miller wrote:
> > Yo Yakov!
> >
> > On Sun, 17 Nov 2013 19:56:14 +0200
> > Yakov Shmulevich <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> >> In main all gpsdata.fix (accumulated PVT data) is old and not
> >> updated. At the same time the gpsdata.satellites_used = 0.
> >> So, the question is how I can know that PVT data is wrong?
> > You know because it is old and not updated.
> >

> That's hardly useful without a reference point.

The reference point is the time of the last fix you got.  If the last fix
you got is 10 seconds old, and you are not getting any new data then
you are not getting any new data.  gpsd only passes on what the GPS
give it, and when the GPS stops talking gpsd has nothing to pass on.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1(541)382-8588