Re: The messenger service is ready to use

From: TheJackiMonster
Subject: Re: The messenger service is ready to use
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2021 16:09:17 +0100

I've tested communication in a testbed with multiple peers but with two
devices in local network as well.

It's mostly still a struggle exchanging hello-strings and peer-
identities first to get a connection done but this should improve with
development on TNG and the client-side library which should ease
finding other peers as well.

I'm not currently sure if we should use JSON (which is more common in
current web) or use PSYC (which would be more efficient). The service
itself should allow both, so this would probably be something to decide
on application level.

About secushare: I am probably going to look into the protocol of
secushare again before implementing the client-side library, so there
won't be too many problems making both compatible in the future.
However I can't tell currently if the protocols work together or the
traffic can be handled. I still need stress-tests. ^^'

Also it may be possible to get the client-side library compatible with
Telegram for example but I would first look into getting applications
done with less features. If we have proper interfaces we can think
about compatibility. ^^'

-Jacki