[GNUnet-developers] The General Color Scheme of GNUnet

From: Phil Buschmann
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] The General Color Scheme of GNUnet
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2018 19:55:26 +0200

Hi,

the last mails on this mailing list discussed design of the logo and the
website but I was thinking of another important design question:
As it is kind of my work to design a website for the rest API of GNUnet
(GSoC), I want to be consistent with the current or future design of the
GNUnet web page. However, I could not find any officially defined color
scheme. Therefore, I'd like to propose some examples (of the current
Main Page for the API website [https://gnunet.org/git/gnunet-webui.git/]).

Every image will have a bottom line with a four color color scheme.
White is currently used for background of cards and light grey is used
as general background. I didn't define a bright secondary color,
otherwise my design became too overloaded. Big headers and buttons use
the first, primary color, "subheader" use the second, lighter primary
color.

1: https://abload.de/img/gnunet_website_colors12k69.png - This would
resemble the color scheme of the current GNUnet website.

2: https://abload.de/img/purple_colors3aj7d.png - This is the same
design in another color variation, which is currently used by myself on
the website.

3. https://abload.de/img/amber_colorsigj9b.png - I changed these colors
just to show, that we do not have to use a blue-like color, but the
readability is not quite perfect in this example.

If I missed the official scheme, please point me into the right direction.
Otherwise, I'll be also happy to try out new combinations, just respond
with color codes / ideas.

BR,
Phil

--
- Phil

GPG: 9D28FF15E6A250E7E8E48D65184D2C0C918ACAA3