RE: [GNUnet-developers] gnucleus/gnunet

From: jan marco alkema
Subject: RE: [GNUnet-developers] gnucleus/gnunet
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 09:03:58 +0200

Hello Marcos,

What I like of Gnucleus:
1)      The installation procedure. Next, next, next,., finish. It takes only a
few minutes ---)
2)      In start -> programs -> Gnucleus: are the following topics: "Gnucleus
Home Page", "Gnucleus Forums", "Gnucleus" and "Uninstall Gnucleus".
3)      I find the pull down menu very good. Look at the "Statistics". Very easy
to click some log information on/off.
4)      There is a chat/browser build in.
5)      The browser-, Connection-, ect. Windows are separate windows in the
screen window.
6)      They have "ultrapeers".
7)      In menu item Tools is a "scheduler". N.B. In my view the scheduler is
too
simple, but.

Hybride means: You have in the "Tools -> Statistics" window, field "Network"
besides "Gnutella" and "G2" also "Gnunet".

How can you make a hybride system?

In my view is that you have one client like "Gnucleus". The client gets the
(Gnutella, G2, Gnunet) information out of the (MySQL) databases.

All the files/namespaces are also in the databases. You can give every
file/namespace a classification like "anonymous", "private" and "public".
Depending on these classifications different programs (with degree of
authorizations) should be used (automatically). If you look at
http://www.c0re.net/gnuforum/viewtopic.php?t=3774 Gnucleus has not
programmed these classification properly.

Greetings Jan Marco