Re: [GNUnet-developers] Network load of Gnunet

From: Glenn McGrath
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] Network load of Gnunet
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 03:18:19 +1100

On Wed, 12 Feb 2003 16:26:03 +0200 (EET)
Igor Wronsky <address@hidden> wrote:

> The party line is that if the node hasn't satiated its
> connections (the limit specified in gnunet.conf), it will
> aggressively try to establish new connections. The
> connection table is impossible to fill if the limit
> is 64 (as default) and yet there's only 10 or so nodes
> online concurrently. And if there's no other traffic,
> the node will still forward HELOs frequently, perhaps
> it'll change session keys too (not sure), but always
> the difference between the content size and MTU will be
> padded with noise, or if enough space is left, with
> low-priority data.
>
> There might be much tuning to do, but still the overhead
> should be minor compared to traffic it can take/generate
> when operating in a busy network at full blast. ;)
>

> Igor

I just changed the maximum connections to 4 there was 7 connections for
a while, but it settled down to 4, but it seemed to be worse, i ran it
for 2000 seconds, recieved 26511 p2p queries, 13 queries per second.

I have the stats saved if you want a look.

Glenn