[GNUnet-developers] RE: gnunet_java_gui-1.00.tar.gz

From: Jan Marco Alkema
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] RE: gnunet_java_gui-1.00.tar.gz
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 12:41:28 -0800

>Jan et al, this is *definitely* a "bad idea". One should *never* *ever* use
code without permission (it's stealing). I don't care how easy it would be
to create a GNUnet client based on cdfoon's code, writing a Java GUI from
scratch is such a *trivial* task that doing so is the obvious way to go.

Hello brave Brett,

You look like a knight on a white horse to me. You will never use Kazaa and
pay for all use of intellectual property for example you pay for Bill’s
Windows licenses ---)

I am not proud what I have to do (‘man has got to do what he has to do’).
But if you are a real knight you give me the Java GUI source code that has
the same functionality and quality as the CMG one before 1 december 2002
(GMT). I can not imaging that a real knight refuses this opportunity and let
me do the work,

Greetings Jan Marco