[GNUnet-developers] gnunet_java_gui-1.00.tar.gz

From: Jan Marco Alkema
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] gnunet_java_gui-1.00.tar.gz
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 19:36:05 -0800

Hello Krista,

Tomorrow I will have some time to answer your questions/feedback ---)

Today I have ripped the Java GUI out of the Cdfoon. I have used the version
of 4 month ago. I will try to rip the last one, but that will take me some
time.

You can download it from mine web server:
http://www.foonsearch.com/gnunet/gnunet_java_gui-1.00.tar.gz

To start it: ./gnunet/gnunet_java_gui.sh

I used from www.blackdown.org: j2re-1.4.1-beta-linux-i586.bin and
j2sdk-1.4.1-beta-linux-i586.bin .

You can decompile the class files with (Windows):
http://www.foonsearch.com/gnunet/jad.exe (Linux):
http://www.foonsearch.com/gnunet/jad

I looked a little bit at Freenet. It doesn't work at mine Linux server. I
see that there is a lot of functionality in the Java code (routing, nodes,
etc.). gnunet_java_gui-1.00.tar.gz is only the GUI. The functionality was
programmed in the DLL's.

I see in http://www.oop-reserch.com/mysql.html that JDBC and MM-MySQL-driver
can be used to access the MySQL database. I will try to get a connection to
the MySQL database for experimental use.

Greetings Jan Marco

Appendix Freenet "startup":

address@hidden freenet]# ./start-freenet.sh
It appears that this is your first time running Freenet. You
should read the README file as it contains important instructions
and advice.

First we must generate a freenet.conf file. I will now run
Freenet in configure mode, and it will ask you a number of
questions. If you don't understand the question, hitting enter
without typing anything will go with the default which is likely
to be the right thing.

preconfig.sh: preconfig.sh: No such file or directory
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: freenet/node/Main
Starting Freenet now: Done
address@hidden freenet]# Exception in thread "main"
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: freenet/node/Main

address@hidden freenet]#