Re: [GNUnet-developers] RE: gnunet_java_gui-1.00.tar.gz

From: Krista Bennett
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] RE: gnunet_java_gui-1.00.tar.gz
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 13:02:14 -0500

Jan Marco Alkema hath spoken thusly on Sun, Nov 10, 2002 at 12:41:28PM -0800:
> I am not proud what I have to do (?man has got to do what he has to do?).
> But if you are a real knight you give me the Java GUI source code that has
> the same functionality and quality as the CMG one before 1 december 2002
> (GMT). I can not imaging that a real knight refuses this opportunity and let
> me do the work,

I cannot but help noting that issuing ultimata on an open-source software
development group is unlikely to win you advocates.

I should further note, in case you have not thought about it, that it is
rather foolish to discuss your illicit activities in a public forum. The
contents of this list are freely accessible to anyone, including the
company whose source code you're pilfering. If they decide to take action
against you, you have made their lives a lot easier.

Igor's response details our position very clearly.

I see no further need to debate this when there are other legitimate
development issues to be tackled here.

- Krista

Krista Bennett                               address@hidden
Graduate Student
Interdepartmental Program in Linguistics
Purdue University

         If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit.
             There's no use being a damn fool about it.
                           -- W.C. Fields