Re: GNU Herds hosted at the FSF

From: Neal E. Coombes
Subject: Re: GNU Herds hosted at the FSF
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 19:17:29 -0600

On Jan 27, 2008 3:06 PM, Davi Leal <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Neal,

The GNU Herds project is being migrated to the FSF hosts.
Could you update the name servers?

 Name Server:  ns1.gnu.org
 Name Server:  ns2.gnu.org

Done.

It could be good for the project if somebody besides you have control over the
gnuherds.org domain name.  It would be easier for us to admin the service. We
would not have to ask you to update.

We have an association related Godaddy account where it could be transferred,
or you could just transfer it to the FSF.

I'd really prefer not to transfer the domain for a few reasons.  I don't have a ton of time to participate actively with gnuherds anymore, but as a co-founder it's still close to my heart.  The $10/year to keep it registered and the few minutes it takes me to admin the domain allow me to feel like I'm still involved, even if very slightly.  And look, you get a 4 hour response time on a Sunday!  Not bad ;)

If I ever feel like I'm doing gnuherds a disservice by managing the domain, I will transfer it to FSF.  If you think I'm doing gnuherds a disservice already, feel free to give me an ear full.

I hope all is going well!  Now I'm going to go visit gnuherds.org to see what's new since last I checked :)

Neal