Re: GNU Herds' host -- email and email list configuration

From: Ward Vandewege
Subject: Re: GNU Herds' host -- email and email list configuration
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 18:05:55 -0500

On Wed, Jan 30, 2008 at 11:09:21PM +0100, Davi Leal wrote:
> Ward Vandewege via RT wrote:
> > I've configured
> >     ns1.gnu.org
> >     ns2.gnu.org
> > with a basic zonefile for gnuherds.org: an A record pointing to the new
> > machine, and MX records pointing to the GNU mail servers (see below).
>
> I do not see the MX records!
>    dig @ns1.gnu.org gnuherds.org
>    dig @ns2.gnu.org  gnuherds.org
>

> Should something like DomainKeys or SenderID be added to avoid rejected
> emails
> and spam?  What is the GNU sysadmin police about this?

Sorry, I forgot to answer to your question.

I've added this SPF record:

gnuherds.org.           300     IN      TXT     "v=spf1 a mx ~all"

Our feeling about SPF is that it is fundamentally flawed because it breaks
e-mail forwarding. We have an SPF record on @gnu.org, but our antispam
measures don't make use of SPF.

Thanks,
Ward.