Re: Cooperatives' network

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: Cooperatives' network
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 23:57:40 +0100

MJ Ray wrote:
> Davi Leal wrote:
> > My personal proposal is a Cooperatives' network, with agreements between
> > the Cooperatives. So I thought about MJ to get an opinion about this mad
> > idea.
>
> I'm relatively inexpert about this - I am a member of several
> cooperatives, but I am not an expert developer of cooperative
> organisations.  I can introduce you to an expert, but maybe it would
> be best to use one local to the organisations headquarters, yes?

Any advice will help. We lack free advisers, so please introduce us to such
expert and/or documentation, for example, a charter template, or any legal
detail.

Following the introduction to the open _proposal_, it could consist for
example of:

  * Independent cooperatives which use a common brand to make it easier
    get customers.

  * The cooperative set could be for example:
       London
       Paris
       Mumbai
       Roma
       New York
      ... add more along time, on demand ...

    Each one is independent from the other but using the same brand,
    similar to what franchises do.

IMHO the headquarters could be located at any one of the cooperatives which
form the organization.  Note that any cooperative would be independent,
except by using the common brand.

> The idea of using different domains for different faces is OK if
> you're willing to pay all the fees.  Alternatively, one could use
> www.librelabs.org and www.orga.librelabs.org and so on and divert the
> saved money to better causes.

The below domains are already paid by one year, so we could use all or part of
them. After such year we could cut the budget if it is needed:

  LibreLabs.COM
  LibreLabs.EU
  LibreLabs.NET
  LibreLabs.ORG

Along the first year we could use then just redirecting to others.

> Hope those opinions are interesting,

Yes, they are.