Re: GNU Herds' second phases -- Cooperatives' network

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: GNU Herds' second phases -- Cooperatives' network
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 18:59:24 +0000

Davi Leal <address@hidden> wrote:
> My personal proposal is a Cooperatives' network, with agreements between the
> Cooperatives. So I thought about MJ to get an opinion about this mad idea.

I'm relatively inexpert about this - I am a member of several
cooperatives, but I am not an expert developer of cooperative
organisations.  I can introduce you to an expert, but maybe it would
be best to use one local to the organisations headquarters, yes?

The idea of using different domains for different faces is OK if
you're willing to pay all the fees.  Alternatively, one could use
www.librelabs.org and www.orga.librelabs.org and so on and divert the
saved money to better causes.  There's also a .coop global top-level
domain (gTLD) available, but fees are currently higher than for many
other gTLDs.

Hope those opinions are interesting,