Re: [gnu.org #342287] Re: [GNU Herds]: hosting at the FSF ?

From: GNU Herds work team
Subject: Re: [gnu.org #342287] Re: [GNU Herds]: hosting at the FSF ?
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 22:04:12 +0200

Joshua Ginsberg via RT wrote:
> > The project is an interactive PHP webapp.
>
> The FSF is not equipped to offer specialized PHP hosting at this time on
> any of the Foundation-administered machines.

If we rewrite it using Python or any other technology, could the FSF host it
in the future?

What is needed to do it possible?  Should we change the association charter,
the webapp layout, or any other thing?  We will adapt to your needs.

Note that if it is a money problem we could collect it.

Should we desist from being an association and just develop a job site for the
FSF?

We think the job site should use a host which offers users not only security
but also _confidence_.  That is because we are asking to the FSF to manage
such users data.

We are not in a hurry.

Best regards,
The work team