Re: [Gnucap-devel] Gnucap Integrated waveform displayer Details

From: Felix Salfelder
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] Gnucap Integrated waveform displayer Details
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2014 13:04:18 +0200

On Sun, Jun 08, 2014 at 02:46:25PM +0530, Abhinav singh wrote:
> I hack up this problem using multithreading and now its working fine as Mr.
> Felix drafted out before except the closing command.

sounds interesting. i'm curious how you did this.

> Now the problem arises with plotting.If user chooses large step size for
> analysis then it will lead to poor plotting(not cover up the exact nature
> of wave). So what i need here to store more sample point in wave object if
> not sufficient for good plot.

it's probably best to let gnucap choose the step size, and use all
sample points that it has computed internally. so instead of

.tran 0 1 .1  <= do a simulation, force evaluation every .1 and store
                 just these 11 values.

you can do

.tran 0 1 1 trace=a <= only compute required time steps, store all of
                       them

to get more relevant data.

and... depending on your plotting library, it might be useful to let the
user choose the interpolation method. extra points for visible error
margin.

cheers
felix