Re: [Gnucap-devel] Gnucap Integrated waveform displayer Details

From: al davis
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] Gnucap Integrated waveform displayer Details
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2014 08:20:28 -0400

On Sunday 15 June 2014, Chuck wrote:
> My spin on the GUI is to try to use HTML 5 & Java
> Script.

Interesting idea.  Do you want to try it?

> When I last  looked I found no set of C/C++
> graphics packages that were totally cross platform.

true

> But web
> browsers seem to be all migrating towards a common
> standard.

I am not convinced of that.  I also work with broadcast
equipment, which seems to be moving toward web interfaces.  Most
of them still do not support "any browser".  Many need special
plugins, usually proprietary.

If you want to give it a shot, go for it.  We can give you space
on the wiki and git.

> The challenge would be to  put a XML server
> interface on gnucap,  or design a plugin for apache.

It will need to be a plugin.  That should make it easier.